We take the safety of our instructors and you our customers extremely seriously.
We will be adhering to the government and industry guidelines to minimise the risk of spreading the virus.
- The evening before or the morning of your scheduled trailer training lesson
You will receive a call or text from your instructor asking if you have experienced any of the main three symptoms of the virus.
- High temperature
- New or persistent cough
- Loss of taste or smell
If you have experienced any of the three symptoms or you have been in close contact with anyone that has, THE LESSON MUST NOT GO AHEAD.
- Immediately prior to your trailer training lesson and before you enter the tuition vehicle.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water as close to your lesson as possible. (Your instructor will have anti-virus hand gel available if this was not possible.)
- You will once again be asked if you have experienced any of the symptoms.
- You will be required to provide a face covering or mask and this must be fitted before entering the vehicle.
- If you wish to wear gloves, these should be put on before entering the vehicle.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions as the vehicle windows will be kept partially open.
- Lesson Preparation.
Your instructor will clean the vehicle with a ANTI-BACTERIAL Solution before and between EVERY new lesson.
- Door handles, inside and out
- Windows and mirror controls
- Interior Mirror
- Seat and head restraints
- Seat belts and their connections
- Gear lever
- Steering wheel
- Indicator and wiper stalks
- Light switches
- Car keys
- Car seats (spray with Dettol or anti-bacterial solution) Beaded seat covers should be avoided.
- Training resources such as visual aids
Your instructor will clean the trailer with a ANTI-BACTERIAL Solution before and between Every new lesson
- Jockey Wheel
- Trailer Handbrake
- Safety Cable
- Hitching Lever
- Anything else you maybe required to use
Your Instructor will clean their hands with a sanitizer before and after each trailer lesson.
- During the trailer training lesson:
- Face to face conversations will be avoided as much as possible
- Physical contact with any training aids will be minimised and these will also be sanitized before each new lesson
- You will be asked to hold up your licence so your instructor can record the details (First lesson only)
- A separate pen will be provided to sign lesson sheet at end of lesson. This will be sanitized before every lesson and kept in the centre console and only touched by you.
- If a demo drive is required by instructor, a full wipe down will be required both before and after.
- If your instructor needs to take physical control, then an immediate wipe down of the touch points will be required before the lesson can continue.
- After your trailer training lesson:
You advised to wash your hands as soon as possible. (Your instructor will make an anti – bacterial gel available if you wish)
Should you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 safety procedure, you are very welcome to contact customer services to clarify or seek reassurance.
Ian Mills, Driving School Owner.